Deadline : 28 November 2019 (Thursday)
The ITTF Umpires and Referees Committee (URC), in cooperation with the Organising Committee of the 2020 ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships, cordially invite National Associations to nominate one or two Blue Badge International Umpires (BB) for this prestigious event, which will take place in Busan, Korea, under the direction of the Korea Table Tennis Association, from 22 - 29 March 2020. The hospitality starts from lunch on 21 March 2020 through to breakfast on either 28 or 30 March 2020, depending upon whether the nominated umpire(s) is selected for the final two days. The nominees, or their Associations, are responsible for all related travel and insurance costs. Please note that by submitting a nomination, the Association confirms its responsibility to ensure the nominee has enough financial support for airfare.
For selected major events, a new approach for selection of umpires was used for the first time in 2019. In close cooperation with the ITTF Competition Department and the organisers this new approach will be used again in 2020 for major events. The following principles are applicable:
• The work of match officials is part of the professional presentation of table tennis;
• It is expected that the status of the event correlates with the quality of umpiring - the best match officials should be selected for the main draw in World Title Events;
• Match officials are expected to be present in the venue during the whole day in which they are nominated as an official;
• Hospitality for match officials will only be provided for the working days and one day before and one day after;
• The daily allowance for match officials will be adapted to the status of the event;
• Umpires selected for the final two days will be chosen based on having shown excellent performance in the past three years;
• Travel costs for umpires officiating in the final two days will be paid;
You may nominate two IUs who have achieved Blue Badge status, at least one of whom must be female. Umpires need to arrive no later than 21 March 2020 and attend the Referee Orientation planned for that evening.
Since this is an open invitation, unfortunately many umpires nominated may not be selected. The selection will be based on geographic boundaries and gender equity. The URC will confirm the selection by no later than 22 January 2020 and an announcement will be made on the ITTF website. This announcement will specify those umpires who are selected only for the first 6 days and those selected for the final 2 days as well. Flights should only be booked after having received the final decision of ITTF URC about the working days (final days yes/no).
Please complete the nomination form and email to TTAM (email@example.com), copy to State TTA (State endorsement required), Mr. Lee Su Hau (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ms. Corrine Wong (email@example.com) no later than Thursday, 28 November 2019.
Download Official Nomination Form
Download Previous Overseas/Local Assignment Form (2015 - 2019)