Deadliene : 8 November 2019 (Friday) @ 4.00 pm
The ITTF Umpires and Referees Committee (URC), in cooperation with the Organising Committees of the World Tour Events, cordially invite National Associations to nominate up to three (3) International Umpires (IU) for each of these prestigious events.
2020 World Tour Platinum • German Open, Magdeburg: 28 January – 2 February, First Stage 28 – 29 January
• Qatar Open, Doha: 3 – 8 March, First Stage 3 – 4 March
• Japan Open, Kitakyushu: 21 – 26 April, First Stage 21 – 22 April
• China Open, Shenzhen: 12 – 17 May, First Stage 12 – 13 May
• Australia Open, Geelong: 23 – 28 June, First Stage 23 – 24 June
• Austrian Open, Linz: 10 – 15 November, First Stage 10 – 11 November
• World Tour Grand Final, 10 – 13 December, Host TBA
2020 World Tour • Hungarian Open, Budapest: 18 – 23 February, First Stage 18 – 19 February
• Hong Kong Open, Hong Kong, China: 5 – 10 May, First Stage 5 – 6 May
• Korea Open: 16 – 21 June, (City TBA) First Stage 16 – 17 June
• Czech Open, Olomouc: 25 – 30 August, First Stage 25 – 26 August
• Bulgaria Open, Panagyurishte: 1 – 6 September, First Stage 1 – 2 September
• Swedish Open, Stockholm: 3 – 8 November, First Stage 3 – 4 November
2020 World Cups • ITTF Men’s World Cup, Dusseldorf (GER): 16-18 Oct
• ITTF Women’s World Cup, Bangkok (THA): 23-25 Oct
For each nominated umpire the association may order the preferred tournaments for this umpire in ranking order 1-3 (only one World Cup event can be selected). ITTF URC will give priority to IUs who have achieved Blue Badge status, or, alternatively, have attended an ITTF Advanced Umpire Training (AUT) course and passed the Advanced Rules Exam (ARE). It is ITTF policy to encourage female participation whenever possible, so please encourage your female umpires to seriously consider applying for these prestigious assignments.
Umpires need to arrive no later than one day before the qualification starts and attend the Referee Orientation planned for that evening.
The nominees, or their Associations, are responsible for all related travel and insurance costs. Please note that by submitting a nomination, the Association confirms its responsibility to ensure the nominee has sufficient financial support for airfare for all selected events. Flights shall only be booked after having received the final decision of ITTF URC about the working days (final days yes/no) for the specific event. In case of a successful nomination for the final days, the organiser will refund the travel costs.
Since this is an open invitation, unfortunately many umpires nominated may not be selected. The URC will confirm the selection by no later than 30 November 2019 for the World Tour events January – June 2020.
For the Events July – December 2020 – 6 months before the start of the event An announcement will be made on the ITTF website.
Please complete the form and send it to TTAM via email (email@example.com), copy to State TTA (State endorsement required), Mr. Lee Su Hau (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ms. Corrine Wong (email@example.com) no later than 08/11/2019 (Friday) at 4.00 pm.
Each Blue Badge umpire shall receive a daily allowance of 100 USD/working day in the main draw and 60 USD/working day in the qualification stage. All other umpires shall receive at least 30 USD per working day.
Thank you very much for your support.