Deadline: 6th July 2021 (Tuesday) @ 4.00 pm
The ITTF Umpires and Referees Committee (URC), in cooperation with the Organising Committee of the 2021 World Table Tennis Championships, cordially invite National Associations to nominate one or two Blue Badge International Umpires (BB) for this prestigious event, which will take place in Houston, USA, under the direction of USA Table Tennis, from 23 - 29 November 2021. The hospitality starts from lunch on 22 November 2021 through to breakfast on either 27 or 30 November 2021, depending upon whether the nominated umpire(s) is selected for the final three days.
The nominees, or their Associations, are responsible for all related travel and insurance costs. Please note that by submitting a nomination, the Association confirms its responsibility to ensure the nominee has sufficient financial support for airfare.
The following principles are applicable:
• The work of match officials is part of the professional presentation of table tennis;
• It is expected that the status of the event correlates with the quality of umpiring - the best match officials should be selected for the main draw in World Title Events;
• Match officials are expected to be present in the venue during the whole day in which they are nominated as an official;
• Hospitality for match officials will only be provided for the working days and one day before and one day after;
• The daily allowance for match officials will be adapted to the status of the event;
• Umpires selected for the final three days will be chosen based on having shown excellent performance in the past three years;
• Travel costs for umpires officiating in the final three days will be paid;
Umpires need to arrive no later than 22 November 2021 and attend the Referee Orientation planned for that evening.
Since this is an open invitation, unfortunately many umpires nominated may not be selected. The selection will be based on geographic boundaries and gender equity. Travel restrictions for some countries to USA will also be taken into account. The URC will confirm the selection by no later than 31 July 2021 and an announcement will be made on the ITTF website. This announcement will specify those umpires who are selected only for the first 4 days and those selected for the final 3 days as well. Flights should only be booked after having received the final decision of ITTF URC about the working days (final days yes/no).
Please complete the nomination form by no later than Tuesday 6th July 2021 @ 4.00 pm and submit to TTAM via email at (email@example.com), copy to State TTA (State endorsement required), Mr. Lee Su Hau (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ms. Corrine Wong (email@example.com).
The candidates’ National Associations must submit all nominations. Late submissions will not be considered.
Thank you for your support.