Deadline: 8th August 2022 (Monday) @ 4.00 pm
The ITTF cordially invites Member Associations to nominate one or two Blue Badge International Umpires (BB) for the 2022 Team World Table Tennis Championships Finals Chengdu, scheduled to take place from 30 September to 9 October 2022 in Chengdu, China.
The ITTF, CTTA and the Chengdu LOC have released the:
In addition, WTT will be further hosting a couple of major Events in China, after the WTTTC Finals. Details about the Events themselves, but also conditions for all participants, are expected to be confirmed in the next days and further details will be shared. At this moment we would like to just explore whether Umpires would be interested to stay on for an additional of maximum 3 weeks to officiate for these Events. A basic condition is that all participants of these additional Events will be required to quarantine for 7 days after the WTTTC Finals in Chengdu, so they can then continue their duties for the subsequent Events.
Briefly some basic requirements:
• Umpires nominated must be Blue Badge, with a maximum of two and at least one of whom must be female.
• Umpires nominated must be fully vaccinated.
• Umpires nominated must be ready to follow all Event Specific Covid-19 Protocols, in addition to the ITTF Group Covid-19 Protocols, with the Event Specific protocols preceding on stricter requirements, so kindly check both documents carefully before submitting nominations.
• Hospitality will start from the day of arrival through the day of departure, depending on final planning.
• Travel arrangements for selected umpires will be coordinated after the appointments and will be either on commercial or charter flights, depending on the country of departure and return. ITTF, in cooperation with the LOC(s), will ensure that all umpires arrive and depart with the best possible option so that quarantine won’t be required (with the exception of quarantine for those selected to officiate at all Events, the WTTTC Finals and the WTT Events).
• Travel and medical insurance will be covered by ITTF/WTT (extra insurance at the discretion of the umpire).
• Since this is an open invitation, it is expected that many umpires nominated may not be selected. The selection will be based on previous performance, geographic boundaries and gender equity. In this particular case, travel restrictions and the overall Events’ situation will also be considered.
• The daily allowance for match officials will be adapted to the status of the event and for those who will be chosen to officiate for the WTT Events, there will be a daily allowance allocated too for the quarantine days.
• Please return the completed Nomination Form by no later than 8th August 2022 @ 4.00 pm, by email to (email@example.com), copy to State TTA (State endorsement required), Mr. Lee Su Hau (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ms. Corrine Wong (email@example.com). Late submissions will not be considered.
• The URC will confirm the selection by no later than 11 August 2022 and an announcement will be made on the ITTF website.
• Selected umpires will then be required to complete their entries by 15 August 2022 latest, so that the visa invitation letters process can start (see below a list of expected requirements*).
• Other documents and details around the Events will be shared with selected umpires, as applicable.
Thank you for your cooperation.